You can get all the supplies you need at a craft store like Michaels. (Prices are estimates because I lost my receipt and can't remember precisely how much everything cost.)
- Feathers! - $6 for a big variety pack, $3 for smaller color-coordinated packs
- Earring hooks - $3 for pack of 20
- Crimp cord ends - $4 for a pack of 48 (there seem to be a few names for these. I have seen them called crimp beads, but the most important thing is that they have a loop at the top).
- Optional: Pretty chain for trendiness and weight - about $4 for a pack, or take apart an old necklace you don't wear anymore for free!
- Optional: Thread for holding feathers together